(00:14) Hi Everyone, Janice MacMillan, broker owner for Signature Choice Realty here in Valdosta. Selling your home quickly not only allows you to move on with your life, it also means fewer days of keeping your home in pristine condition and leaving each time your agent brings a perspective buyer to tour your home. Here are the top three tips for selling your home fast.
(00:34) Number one, declutter and stage your home. By removing family photos, memorabilia, and unusual décor, you're actually removing your personality from the home and allowing a perspective buyer to see themselves living there.
(00:48) Number two, have professional photos and video taken. Since the majority of buyers start their search online, it's important to have photos that will lure a buyer in, making them want to see more of your home.
(01:01) And number three, set the right price. Work together with your realtor to come up with a good pricing strategy that will not only get your home sold in the, in the quickest time, but also for the highest dollar.
(01:14) If you'd like to hear some more tips on getting your home sold quickly, please don't hesitate to give me a call at 229-834-0946. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
(00:00) Hey folks, Janice MacMillian here with Signature Choice Realty. And I just wanted to pop on here and wish everybody a happy July 1st. We are officially through the first half of 2019. Went in and did some calculations and year-to-date in our MLS there has been 744 homes sold just in the Valdosta Lowndes County area. Last year at this time we were at 689 homes sold and that is about a 7.98% increase over last year.
(00:31) And, it's been a very good couple of months. It's been very fast and furious. We have buyers, we have sellers and, it just makes for a good combination. It makes for a good, real estate market. So, we have a four day weekend coming up and I hope everybody's going to take some time off to spend with their families and enjoy that Fourth of July Weekend. And, as always, if there's anything that we can do for you here at Signature Choice Realty, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 229-249-5339 or you can go to our website at www.signaturechoicerealty.com. We really look forward to hearing from you. We're here to assist you in all of your real estate endeavors. Take care and have a fabulous Fourth of July.
There are three reasons why you should always use a professional Realtor when buying or selling a home:
1. Realtors will price your home correctly. They have the tools and resources necessary to evaluate the market and successfully sell your home for the perfect price. If it’s too high, you’re scaring off buyers, and if it’s too low, you’re leaving money on the table. They’ll also be able to get it sold in a reasonable amount of time.
2. Realtors know how to market your home. Marketing is the biggest key to getting your home in front of potential buyers. If they can’t see it, they can’t buy it, so a strategic marketing plan is incredibly important.
3. Realtors coordinate everything. Once the contract is signed, the ball really starts rolling and things begin to happen rapidly. Your agent will be coordinating inspections, meeting with closing attorneys, signing paperwork, and much more. Since time is of the essence, you really need their help to keep things on track.
We offer a free market analysis and can help you with any and all of your real estate needs. If you’re ready to begin the process of selling your home, have any questions, or need further information, give us a call at 229-249-5339 or visit our website at www.SignatureChoiceRealty.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We’re about two weeks into 2019, and we here at Signature Choice Realty have gotten off to a running start. We were very blessed throughout 2018, and we anticipate continuing the momentum through 2019.
As you know, we have a lot of new construction going up in the area. Some of the subdivisions are still developing, and there also are new ones that are still in the works.
The Coventry subdivision is finishing up its last few lots, so if you’re interested in property there, don’t delay! Coventry is a sweet, smaller neighborhood that’s not too far from Moody Air Force Base. Within the next few months, they’ll be adding in villas that will be available for purchase.
"We’re very excited for these developments; I think that they will be very beneficial to the Hahira community."
Additionally, Creekside West and Grow Point have a few homes still in development, and MacNeal Estates will be breaking ground in Hahira before too long. We’re very excited for these developments; I think that they will be very beneficial to the Hahira community.
We are so blessed to have each and every one of you as a part of our team, and we look forward to serving you throughout 2019 and beyond. If there’s anything that we can help you with here at Signature Choice Realty, whether you’re buying or selling a home, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Our team has experienced some incredible growth this year, and it wouldn’t be possible without you. As proud as we are of this, though, the focus of today’s message is actually the growth of our Valdosta market.
To illustrate how far our market has come in just a few years, consider this: From January 1 to December 31 of 2014, the total number of residential sales for our Valdosta market was just 897. So far this year, there have been 1,237 residential sales. That’s an increase of more than 300 sales—and we haven’t even reached the end of the year.
"Our team has experienced some incredible growth this year, and it wouldn’t be possible without you."
Of course, broad market statistics aren’t all we consider when we help buyers and sellers achieve their real estate goals. If you’d like to speak about your specific scenario, please reach out to us. We would love to help.
And, as always, if you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
I have some wonderful news to share with you today. We have been really busy over the last year at Signature Choice Realty and we’ve brought on some great team members to help us grow even more. Barbara Hart is a new agent on our team who brings over 30 years of experience with her. We’ve also brought on a great transaction coordinator, Samuel Christopher. These new faces will allow us to assist you in a much more efficient manner.
With growth comes change and that change is coming soon. On November 7, 2018, we will be moving to a new office at 2700 N. Oak Street, right across from Mackey Park. Our new office is much more spacious and comfortable, allowing us to serve our clients better.
"With growth comes change, and that change is coming very soon."
Our address is changing, but our phone number isn’t. You can still reach us any time by phone at (229) 249-5339 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since we opened for business earlier this year, your loyal support has helped us grow and now we’re excited to have more space to serve you better. We've been looking for a new home for the past several months and have finally found it. As of November 10, we will no longer be operating out of our Bemis Road location.
If you have any questions for us in the meantime or any real estate needs that we can assist with, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email today. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
1. Have your photos taken during spring or summer. Getting professional photos during the earlier months of the year while everything is still lush and green will help your fall listing stand out. While other listings’ photos might show the homes amid drab, dreary landscapes, your listing photos will be sure to shine.
2. Boost your curb appeal. Though we can’t force leaves to stay on the trees, be sure to tidy up any that have fallen so that buyers don’t have to trek through a messy yard on the way to your front door. It is especially crucial during this time of year to spruce up your yard before buyers come for showings.
3. Adjust your thermostat. We all know that having your A/C on during the summer months is essential here in South Georgia, but it’s equally essential to utilize heat during the later part of the year. You want buyers to feel comfortable as they walk through your home, after all. Even if your home is vacant, be sure to keep your HVAC unit running.
4. Check your home’s lighting. Make sure no light bulbs are burnt out and that your home is brightly lit for any and all of your showings.
"Some seasonal touches can make buyers feel welcome and at home in your listing, but make sure you don’t overdo it. "
5. Have your agent put a marketing plan in place. Given that there tends to be less activity on the market during the fall and winter months, this step will be very important to ensuring your success.
6. Be flexible with showings. Offering showings on evenings or even weekends may be the key to getting as many buyers as possible through your home. With school back in session and many people making holiday preparations, fall is a busy time of year. Be sure to keep an open schedule.
7. Don’t go overboard with holiday decor. The old saying “less is more” absolutely applies here. Some seasonal touches can make buyers feel welcome and at home in your listing, but make sure you don’t overdo it.
8. Highlight seasonal advantages. Home features that are more useful during the fall and winter have the opportunity to shine when a property is listed during these later months. Fireplaces, for example, should definitely be lit during showings.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Not all advice is good advice. Sometimes well-intentioned suggestions are more harmful than helpful, so today I’d like to share four examples of listing tips that miss the mark:
1. “You should limit your showings.” The first couple of weeks that your home is on the market are crucial, and passing up showings during this time is a huge mistake. When it comes time to sell, you should be drawing buyers toward your home, not away from it.
2. “You don’t have to disclose everything.” This is absolutely not true. If you don’t, something you failed to mention could come back to haunt you after the deal has closed.
"Sometimes, well-intentioned suggestions are more harmful than helpful."
3. “You shouldn’t make home improvements.” Making home improvements will show that your home is worth what you’re asking for. Forgoing these upgrades will more than likely damage your chances of success.
4. “You need to have an open house in order to sell.” Open houses are actually more beneficial for your agent than for your home sale. These events are a prospecting tool to help agents gather leads, and they’ll rarely have an impact in drawing buyers to your home. Instead, today’s buyers are more commonly attracted to homes by the listing’s online presence.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Today I want to talk a little bit about marketing your home and where our focus lies as a brokerage when looking for a buyer.
With today’s technology, we are seeing a demand for high-quality video content from buyers. As time passes, experts are saying that within the next five years, the majority of online content will become video.
Since the home buying process starts online, with about 92% of buyers starting their search here, this high demand has made it crucial that marketing efforts grab the attention of the consumer quickly.
Our focus starts with high-quality professional video and photos.
Our focus for marketing your home will continue to start with high-quality professional video and photos. Once they are obtained, our focus would then turn to creating an online presence using social media outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and others. Then we will gather information and create a target audience based off of the unique features of your home.
Our role is not only about negotiating the best price for each home, but also understanding each individual client’s unique needs behind selling their home. Although most of our marketing efforts will be digital, we continue to stay attentive to our clients’ needs with our personalized service as we have always done. We’re all about creating long-term relationships with each client, and will continue to serve them long after the transaction is complete.
If you have any further questions about marketing your home or about anything else relating to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.
Today I want to check in with a quick market update as we work our way through summer.
There are about three weeks before schools starts, and I know a lot of people are trying to get out of town for a weekend or a little vacation. If you’re a football fan like me, I’m sure you’re looking forward to Friday night lights being back. Georgia Bridgeman started their band camp this week, and that will run through next week in preparation for football season. I personally can’t wait to see what they have in store for us this year.
If you’re looking to put your home on the market, now is still a good time.
In market news, things have been very busy this summer. If you’re looking to put your home on the market, now is still a good time, but things will slow down a little bit as kids gear up to go back to school. Things should pick back up again during the fall, and then slow down once more once the holiday season hits.
There’s never a bad time to list your home, but some time periods are better than others, and it’s still a great time for you to sell.
If you’re looking to sell your home, you have any questions about our market, or you have any other real estate needs I can assist you with, don’t hesitate to give me a call. I’d love to speak with you.
In the meantime, I hope you have a great rest of your summer!